Please note: The following opportunity is ONLY open to those with the right to work in the UK. PLEASE EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK in YOUR COVERING LETTER.
Acclimatise is looking for a climate change adaptation consultant with expertise in the application of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) to join our consulting team in the UK. As a consultant, the appointed candidate will be involved in many aspects of Acclimatise’s international work and will continually develop their skills working in a vibrant and supportive work environment. The position is a full-time position located in our Cardiff or Oxford offices.
Deadline for applications: 14 July 2017
Are you a bright, enthusiastic and ambitious person with analytical skills in climate change impact, risk and vulnerability assessment, and spatial analysis using GIS wanting to apply your skills in international climate change resilience and adaptation consulting? If so, this advert could be for you.
Acclimatise is an award winning, specialist advisory and digital application company, providing world-class expertise in climate change resilience, adaptation and risk management. We are working with some of the world’s largest companies, and with development agencies, national, regional and local governments. We bridge the gap between the latest scientific developments and real-world decision-making, helping our clients to interpret this knowledge within the context of their own strategies, processes, capabilities and stakeholders to make informed decisions.
The role entails the following tasks for which you must be fully qualified:
Work within our consulting teams to undertake risk and vulnerability assessments, including undertaking detailed research and methodological development.
- Utilise the functionality of GIS in the spatial analysis of data sets and the delivery of climate vulnerability and risk management GIS outputs.
- Work independently or as part of a team on a range of international climate change resilience-related projects for our private and public-sector clients. This will involve preparing and/or contributing to reports and providing advice to our clients to support their decision-making around managing climate risks and vulnerabilities, and on the uncertainties and interpretation of climate models.
- Take a proactive role in business development through proposal writing, management of the delivery of winning bids and other related activities.
To be considered for this position you must fulfil the following essential criteria:
At least 5 years of relevant consultancy experience in climate change adaptation, or a related field.
Educated to Masters level in a science-based, climate change adaptation course or related field.
- Proven knowledge and project expertise in GIS including spatial analysis of climate-related and other socio-economic datasets, and production of maps and other related visualisations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of climate change risk management, adaptation, resilience and disaster risk-related topics.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal).
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Managing own time in order to meet project deadlines and deliverables. Ability to juggle many different conflicting demands and priorities.
- Existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Fluency (written and verbal) in another language (French, Spanish, German or Portuguese are preferred).
Interested applicants should send a covering letter and a comprehensive CV to email@example.com, and mark your email application with the subject line ‘’RISK CONSULTANT’. Emails sent to other Acclimatise email addresses will not be considered.
This advert is subject to change during the advertising period – please see the Acclimatise website for the latest version.
Approaches from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.