1.What is your role at Acclimatise? What does a typical workday look like for you?
I’ve worked for Acclimatise for nearly 7 years and work predominantly behind the scenes at Acclimatise in the head office at Hexgreave near Nottingham. My role is quite varied from assisting staff with issues they are facing to tracking tender opportunity releases, to assisting John (our CEO) and Richenda (our CTO) when required.
2. How has climate change affected you personally/ the areas where you live/ the things that interest you?
We moved into our first home in 2014, since then we have noticed an increase in the number of flood events, the main street running through the village has flooded at least once a year, due to an increase in prolonged wet weather.
3. What is your favourite way to unwind on the weekends?
I play golf to a good standard (3 Handicap), My wife and I recently joined the National Trust and enjoy using the membership to visit different areas of the UK. We often take my parent-in-law’s dog (Jeeves) with us, although he’s more interested in chasing squirrels than listening to me!
4. Has working for Acclimatise, affected your personal behaviour with regards to climate change action?
I don’t know about personal behaviour, but working at Acclimatise has definitely given me more of an awareness of what is going on around me / how things are being effected as a result of a changing climate.
5. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
We spent our honeymoon in Japan and found the country fascinating. I’d like to learn Japanese, which would allow me to make the most of travelling through the country.
6. If you could be any fictional character, who would you chose and why?
Probably Harry Potter, school would have been a lot more interesting!