Acclimatise has signed up to the internationally-recognised Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). Becoming a signatory to the PRI demonstrates the company’s commitment to supporting responsible investment practices. Acclimatise will also report annually its environmental, social, and governance (ESG) metrics to the PRI.
PRI currently has over 2,300 signatories, including asset owners, investment managers, and service providers that collectively manage over $83 trillion in assets. Last year, the PRI introduced TCFD-aligned indicators to its Reporting Framework, including reporting on four indicators of climate risks: governance, strategy, risk management, and metrics and targets. Until now, this reporting has been voluntary and disclose. This change in their reporting framework will greatly increase the amount of climate-related reporting within in its framework by signatories.
Starting in 2020, the PRI’s strategy and governance (SG) indicators will be mandatory to report, though it will remain voluntary to disclose responses publicly. These indicators include:
- SG 01 CC: outline overall approach to climate-related risks;
- SG 07 CC: provide overview of those in the organisation that have oversight, accountability and/or management responsibilities for climate-related issues; and
- SG 13 CC: outline how strategic risks and opportunities are analysed.
What are the Principles for Responsible Investment?
The six Principles for Responsible Investment are a voluntary and aspirational set of investment principles that offer a menu of possible actions for incorporating ESG issues into investment practice:
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles
Learn more about the PRI here.